Welcome to Casauri
Our core mission
Bringing joy back to travel since 1999
Organizing your travel essentials to maximize your travel joy.
Simplifying and facilitating your travels - from the office, to the airport, or to the beach - at work, at play, or both - #CarryJoy
Where we come from and where we go
Casauri has been creating high quality carrying cases since1999 in New York, New Jersey, and Florida, USA. We started out designing stylish laptop cases that made design history by becoming the first laptop case sold at the MoMA Design Store (Museum of Modern Art) in New York and Tokyo. Casauri customers are individuals who value bold style and well-thought out design.
Casauri bags travel the world – from Iceland to Australia, from Hong Kong to Jamaica - and everywhere in between – #CarryCasauri!
What we believe
Everything we carry should be a lot of fun, a little funky, and 100% functional.
So much so that we designed the Department of Homeland Security TSA approved checkpoint-friendly laptop bag protocol adopted at airports nationwide!
When you carry Casauri, your productivity increases.
Productivity increases happiness - Happiness increases productivity.
Organization increases efficiency - Efficiency increases confidence.
Confidence emboldens self-expression - And we all live happily ever after….
What’s in a name
Casauri came from the “ca-” in the French “caméléon” and the “-sauri” from the reptile family Sauria. The ball logo - beach ball or coiled tail of the chameleon – you choose.
Two enterprising sisters, Emily McHugh and Helena McHugh, combined their respective expertise to start Casauri. Emily is also the author of “The Little Girl’s Guide to Entrepreneurship – What I Know Now That I Sure Wish I Knew Then” that includes insights from the Casauri entrepreneurial journey.
Casauri Fun Facts
Movies & TV: Featured in movies (one got an Oscar!) and TV Shows
- The Nanny Diaries (scene where Scarlett Johansson is packing and hauling her Casauri Sun Stripes Wheeled Bag)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Starring Jim Carrey – scene with the scientist and our Portfolio Octopus Grey Case (we got to visit the set during filming in NYC and predicted the Academy Award win!)
- MSNBC’s Your Business Show
- SuperSweet Sixteen, the Movie – Sun Stripes Every Day Tote
- Caprica Sci-Fi series – Luna Stripes Backpack
Magazines & Press: Featured in several magazines in the U.S. and internationally from Vogue Brasil to Vogue Italia, The Sunday Telegraph Australia to USA Today!
- First Place Winner in Make Mine a Million Dollar Business Competition
- The Supplier of the Year by the Southern Florida Minority Supplier Development Council
- 25 Legendary Women of Florida
- National Design Award Nominee - Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award (beat out by the iPod)
- Networker of the Year
- Tourism Champion of the Year
- Eighth Grade Spelling Bee Champion